12 things to remember that can help teachers
Here are a few things teachers can keep in mind when working with a child with autism. These helpful tips can expand their understanding of children with autism and make interactions them a whole lot smoother.
1. Autism is a huge spectrum.
2. A routine and transition warnings are helpful for a child with autism.
3. A child with autism needs extra time to process language.
4. Receptive language and expressive language are two different things.
5. Children with autism are literal.
6. A child with autism can get stuck on one subject.
7. A child with autism may need help with social interactions.
8. Sensory issues are a distraction for many children with autism.
9. Children with autism use stereotypic behaviors or repetitive behaviors when they are excited, bored, or stressed.
10. Positive Reinforcement will be helpful but punishments will not.
11. People with autism tell the truth as they see it.
12. Kids with autism are not scary or unlovable. They are just different.
#teachers #autismawareness #bhwcares
For more details on this list, click here
Source: Autism Speaks