Thank you to everyone who attended our IEP workshop.
The workshop was a huge success because of your participation. We also want to give a tremendous thank you to Jeffery Gottleib for conducting such a thorough presentation.
Some of the points Jeffrey went over were:
- Fundamental IEP Law
- Empowering the parent
- The power of “stay put” (saying NO!)
- Setting up the IEP for success (prepare, prepare prepare)
- The role of assessments
- The role of assessors/therapists
- The role of the parent
- The role of an advocate/attorney
- Managing the IEP written document
- Setting the foundation for filing a due process complaint
- Filing a due process complaint against the school district
- Due Process: mediation and hearing (trial)
Jeffrey Gottlieb will be conducting another IEP workshop in January 2016. Please stay tuned for details.