Family Fun Activities to do this Labor Day Weekend!
Labor Day Weekend is here and BHW wants to help you plan a fun-filled weekend with your loved ones. Here are a few events that you and your child can participate in this weekend!
Los Angeles County:
- Los Angeles County Fair: An annual event which brings unique eats, fun rides and more to Los Angeles. From its beginnings in 1922 as an agricultural fair, a lot has changed, but the event is still very farm-friendly and is the perfect event to attend as a family. For more information on this event Click Here.
- Visit the Hollywood Bowl: It’s one of your last chances to get to the Hollywood Bowl this summer and there’s a great show this weekend. Conductor John Williams visits the Bowl and conducts music your kids will recognize. From Star Wars to Indiana Jones to Harry Potter; it’s a great way to get them interested in classical music. Click Here for tickets and schedule.
- Take a Hike: Enjoy those last sunny summer days and take a hike with the family. Los Angeles County is filled with so many wonderful trails where some even ending at a waterfall! So pack a lunch and some sunscreen and enjoy nature’s beauty of nature this weekend. For a list of hiking trails in the Los Angeles County Click Here.
The Greater Boston Area:
- Gloucester Main Street Block Party: Returning to Main Street for the 9th year running, the Downtown Gloucester block party series offers free entertainment and fun for all ages. This year there will be live music, street performers, a talent competition, children’s activities, dog shows, and more. For more information about this event Click Here.
- King Richard’s Faire: Transport yourself back in time and revel in the magic of New England’s largest and longest running Renaissance Festival. King Richard’s Faire kicks off its 35th season this Friday! King Richard’s Faire is a full day of live, interactive entertainment, and a time traveling day that your child won’t forget. For more details and go back in time Click Here.
- Head to the Zoo: Nothing says family fun day like a day at the zoo! Head to the Franklin Park Zoo and enjoy a day that will mesmerize your child with the sight of great beasts like the African Lion or the majestic elephant. Click Here for more information.
- New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science: If you like to time travel, visit the New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science! Your child will love discovering our magnificent history and exploring the different animals that used to roam the earth. For ticket information and hours Click Here.
- Watch a Movie at the Plaza: Movies on the Plaza is an open-air series of family friendly movies. Now your family can enjoy movie night underneath the starry night! All the movies are free and open to all residents of the city. Movies start at dusk right after sunset and live music hosted by ABQ Foods Fridays to provide moviegoers a dinner option prior to showtime. Some seating is available but moviegoers can bring their own portable seats, blankets, and lawn chairs. For this weekend’s showing Click Here.
- Take me Out to the Ball Game: Come cheer on the Albuquerque Isotopes as they finish their 2017 season. Your little one will have a blast singing classic baseball tunes and rooting on their local team. Click Here for the team schedule.
- Have a picnic: Visit Lake Elsinore or a park and have a fun day out with the family. Play some outdoor activities and have a picnic in the sun! Click Here for some park day activity ideas.
- Visit the LaLa Barn!: La La Barn Indoor Playground is a barn-themed indoor playground for children at all ages. Beat the heat in this air conditioned fun place and watch your kids have a blast interacting with other children their age! Click Here for more information on this fun-tastic barn.
- Go Horseback Riding: The beauty of the Inland Empire is their natural setting. Go visit the trails and show your little one’s the valley with a horseback ride. Click Here to see the different youth programs they provide.
Alameda County (Northern California):
- Scottish Highland Gathering Games: Scottish Highland Gathering and Games in Pleasanton is back this Labor Day weekend at the Alameda County Fairgrounds! The festival celebrates the homeland of bagpipes, fiddlers, castles, caber tosses and haggis. Throughout the weekend, your little one will be amazed as they watch very strong people attempt to fling large tree trunks and throw huge hammers just like some of their comic book superheroes! Click Here for hours, schedules, and tickets.
- Capitola Begonia Festival: If you’ve always been meaning to get down to Capitola for the annual Begonia Festival, this is the year. This year’s 65th annual festival will be the final one! So come out this weekend and join this traditional sand sculpture contest, fishing derby, or row boat at the boat races. Your little one will have a blast as they say goodbye to this Bay Area tradition. Click Here for details on this event.
- Aloha Poly Fest: Teach your child about the rich, diverse cultures and traditions of Hawaii, Samoa, Tonga, Fiji, Tahiti, New Zealand, Cook Islands and Guam. The event features live entertainment, crafts and souvenir booths, cultural villages with information and demonstrations, raffles and giveaways, food, and a kids’ zone with face painting, games and activities! Not to mention that admission is free! Click Here to start this cultural experience.
San Diego County:
- Visit the San Diego Zoo: Don’t miss the San Diego Zoo, one of the largest zoos in the world with over 4,000 animals! Your child will love learning about the different animals of the world. They will be growling, chirping and barking the whole car ride home! Click Here for ticket information.
- Kayak with the Seals at La Jolla: Get back to nature with this fun activity. Not only will you and your little one be on the cool beaches of La Jolla for this sunny weekend, you will also get to see different wildlife on center stage! Click Here for more information on how you can rent your own kayak this weekend.
- Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour: Explore the city of San Diego with this tour. Your child will have a blast experiencing the trolley and riding it all around the sunny city of San Diego! Click Here for more information on this trolley tour.
- 45th Annual Orange International Street Fair: Hosted within historic Old Town Orange, the Orange International Street Fair is a longstanding event which celebrates of food, culture and community. Arts, crafts, live music, specialty entertainment and events for the kids and many food and beverage vendors line the downtown streets for three days. Admission is free as booths are organized and maintained by local non-profit groups. To whet your appetite for this international culinary delight, Click Here.
- Huntington Beach Concerts In The Park: Treat the family to a delightful Labor Day at the beach, then walk on up to Central Park to dance the night away. Ideal for picnicking, bring your blankets and chairs or spend the night on the dance floor. Start to jam by Clicking Here.
- Last Weekend for the Sawdust Festival: Drawing more than 200,000 people each year, The Sawdust Festival in Laguna Beach is Orange County’s answer to an art festival. You and your little one will be able to browse through aisles and aisles of locally created artiste. You can even show your little one how glass work is made and take part in their glass blowing demonstration! For more information on this artsy event Click Here.
BHW would like to wish each and every family a fun, safe, and memorable Happy Labor Day Weekend!