Mother’s Day is approaching & here are some recommendations from BHW.
Mother’s day is approaching and as families all over gather around to celebrate the mothers in our lives, being a mother of a child with autism provides its ups and downs, much like any other parent. For this Mother’s Day, we’ve provided a few ideas on how to celebrate these Superwomen in our lives. Moms help us pursue our hopes and dreams and never give up. As we celebrate Mother’s day this Sunday on May 13, 2018, BHW would like to share 5 outdoor related activities your loved ones can help with to show how important and loved moms are in our lives:
- Brunch At The Park: Plan a beautiful outdoor Mother’s Day brunch for the special mother in your life and make her feel loved and appreciated! Click here.
- DIY Mother’s Day Craft Work: If mom is all about transforming found objects into one-of-a-kind treasures, we’ve got a treasure trove full of projects that will make her day! For instance: turning broken door knobs into patio flooring, using outdated clothing to be used as a stylish throw pillow, sewer pipes transformed into beautiful plant holders, and much more! Click Here.
- Sign Up for a Mother’s Day Race: Run in a family-friendly 5K. There’s always so much fun energy at a Mother’s Day run and you can cross the finish line as a family! If there’s not a race near you, why not create your own competition. You can see who can run the longest or fastest. Click Here.
- Scavenger Hunt: Plan a scavenger hunt for mom. You could plan one through a mall or even around the home with clues using items that she uses all the time. Click here.
- Camp In Your Backyard: Pitch your tent (before dark) and enjoy the great outdoors all night long. Camping in your backyard is a great opportunity for your family to try out camping before you take it to the ‘real world.’ Click Here.